|the aim of mainly music
The aim of mainly music is to provide an environment where preschool children develop skills to enhance their preschool education, through the use of music, rhythm, rhyme, and other music related activities with the participation of a parent or primary caregiver.
a quick overview
Each week, parents and caregivers bring their children for a thirty minute session of music, rhyme, movement, listening and more. The adults must participate in the session, and in fact, it is vital that they do so, because this encourages the children to enter into the actions and singing.
At this session, adults and children are given morning tea. This allows time for children to enjoy each other’s company, and to develop social skills. It also allows those adults who don’t have a wide circle of friends to be introduced to others who have preschoolers and they are therefore able to ’learn’ from each other.
|about mainly music
· Young children and their caregivers enjoying music, rhyme, rhythm, creative dance and more
· Preschool children developing skills – co-ordination, fine motor movements, large motor movements, social interaction, appreciation of music and musical styles, language development
· Providing children with a structured environment and then a time of free play
· Bringing adult and child together for a time of safe interaction, and in doing so, teaching adults rhymes and songs that can be used at home to help with cleaning up, colours, counting, and more
· An opportunity for parents to network with other parents of preschool children
· In some groups, parenting workshops are held to help build the skills of parents
· In some groups, social activities are planned to help parents socially interact as adults; primarily mothers; however some groups arrange an annual activity for families
· Opportunities for families to be helped – practical needs such as meals, transport, help with shifting house, babysitting
· Celebration of Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day – reminding parents that they are undertaking a very important role as parent
In short, mainly music is an opportunity for adults and children to build memories and spend time together, sharing special time with each other.
Mainly Music meets at 10am on Tuesday Mornings
For more information chat with Gena McLeod