( What we will do to achieve our vision and cherish our values )
We strive to be united and alive in Jesus
We want to love God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength as we live for Jesus and his Kingdom. We know that God is conforming us to the likeness of Christ by renewing our minds as we feed on his Word. And so we are committed to:
- regularly attend one congregation where we are keen students of God’s Word, we come humbly but confidently before God in prayer, we heartily sing God’s praise and we encourage one other to take Jesus seriously.
- a small discipleship group for spiritual growth where we study God’s Word together, we pray for one another and the ministries of our Church and we care for each other.
- reading the Bible and praying on our own, in our families, and with other brothers and sisters in Christ as we have opportunity.
We strive to be people who love one another
We want to love our neighbour as ourselves. We know that God has gifted us all for works of service so that the Body of Christ may be built up as each part does its work in love. And so we are committed to:
- relating to one another as brothers and sisters in Christ with humility, grace, forbearance and with practical expressions of love and support.
- giving of ourselves in at least one ministry with an attitude of servanthood to others and to the leadership of our church.
- equipping ourselves and developing our ministry skills with training so that we can serve the Lord to the best of our ability.
We strive to be passionate about sharing the gospel
We want those who are lost to come to know the saving message of the gospel. We know that people hear the good news only as God’s people proclaim it. And so we are committed to:
- being equipped to talk to others about the gospel
- sharing the good news of Jesus with our family and friends.
- helping promote the evangelistic ministries of our church to the community.
- being meaningfully involved with the work of mission through prayer, giving financially and personal contact.
- playing our part in alleviating poverty and injustice in our community and the world.